Know How to Enable Two Factor Authentication (2FA) in your Fortnite Account and make it more safe and secure.
Fortnite has introduced a 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) security layer for your fortnite account to protect it from being hacked by others.
As a reward for enabling two factor authentication in fortnite, you will get a free Boogiedown emote from the game.
So, without wasting much time, here is how to enable two factor authentication in the game using below mentioned steps one by one.
Activating Two Factor Authentication (2FA) in Fortnite Step by Step Guide
- Go to https://www.epicgames.com and login to your account like you usually do.
- Once logged in, from drop down option visible below to your name; go to your Manage Accounts Tab.
- Select Password & Security option from your Accounts Setting.
- Scroll to the bottom, you will see Two-Factor Authentication Click on it.
- There, you have two options to enable 2FA in the game. 1st is to use an Authenticator app, and 2nd is to use your Email as an authentication.
- Select your preferred way to setup two factor authentication for your fortnite account.
- For email authentication, select Enable Email Authentication option, and simply enter your authentication email address to get code directly on your email in future. Verify it.
- For authentication through apps, select Enable Authenticator App, you will see the QR code to enable 2FA through authenticator app. Now download the authenticator application from Google Play Store/Apps Store that you would use to get the authentication notification in your phone. Once downloaded, scan the QR code provided in your fortnite account to enable the app. And you are done.
Which is the Best Authenticator App to enable 2FA for Fortnite Account?
For authenticator app method, you would first have to download the authenticator application that you are going to use for future logins in fortnite game. There are some recommended authenticator applications that works great with fortnite. Those are:
- Google Authenticator
- Microsoft Authenticator
- LastPass Authenticator
- Authy Authenticator App
Personally, I would use the Google Authenticator app that i myself use for many authentications. The Google Authenticator app is the best in its class.
You Might Also Like: – How to improve android fortnite gameplay quality
Once done, you are now eligible to claim your reward of free Boogiedown emote in the game. Here’s how to claim it:
How to Claim Boogiedown Emote after Enabling 2FA in Fortnite Game?
- Once you enabled two factor authentication in fortnite using your preferred method, just log out from your game account and close the epicgames.com website.
- Now again open the website and login again using your login id and password.
- Once logged in, you would be diverted to your Locker Screen in the game.
- There your Boogiedown emote will pop-up automatically as a reward for enabling 2FA in your fortnite account.
- Simply claim it and enjoy.
Is It Worth Enabling Two Factor Authentication In Fortnite Game?
Two-Factor Authentication is always a best way to implement an additional security to any of your account, whether be it your fortnite account, your email, or anything that supports two factor authentication application service.
By enabling 2FA in your account, you can live stress free without concerning about your accounts security. Because, even if anyone having userid and password of your account, he/she would not be able to login in your account; as whenever your usual sign in situations or devices changes, this additional security layer gets activated, and asks for an additional authentication code that is only viewable in your authenticator app. This step makes your account almost non-accessible to third party entities.
I would say, don’t activate 2FA only to have Boogiedown emote as a reward, the two factor authentication layer is worth activating in fortnite account as it will make your fortnite account more secure than it is today.
Let me know what do you think about Fortnite’s 2FA introduction for users and which method would you prefer to use in Fortnite’s 2FA process?
Have a Great Fortniting!